Appleford Community Project (ACP)
The Appleford Community Project (ACP) was set up in the early 2000s with the aim of organising and supporting fun activities in the village, encouraging a sense of community and providing entertainment.
Over the years we have:
- Planted daffodil bulbs on the recreation ground along the railway side
- Held Christmas events in the Village Hall and on Church Street with seasonal refreshments/music/singing
- Held our very successful biennial Village Fete – including the 2019 fete in conjunction with the Railway Group
- Held an annual fireworks and bonfire event on the recreation ground
- Held a pig roast and ceilidh, Indian dinners, quiz nights, rounders matches and film nights
- Organised village trips to gardens and the theatre
- Last but not least, set up the Appleford Community Orchard at the level crossing, complete with fruit trees and a wildflower meadow.
Any Appleford resident is welcome to join the group and we are always looking for new ideas.
Current steering group is:
Chair – Katherine Andrews
Secretary – Mary Hancock
Treasurer – Clare Cousineau